Students with prior higher education experience. This includes special admissions students, foreign, or those who have already completed some higher education courses, and applicants with distinguished backgrounds in national scientific or artistic fields.
Who can apply?
The following applicants are eligible for entrance through transfer admissions:
- Students who have already completed some higher education courses, thus do not need to take the national test (holding a degree or having finished their studies another degree-granting course, students who wish to switch from one major and/or university to another, and students wishing to pursue two majors simultaneously);
- Applicants whose ability to pass the required standardized admissions tests is compromised through no fault of their own (e.g. students who have attended school abroad or with a physical disability that prevents them from taking the national examination University Selection Test - PSU. etc.);
- Applicants with outstanding performance in the arts, sciences or sports. This channel require the support of an accredited institution in their field.
The applicants must to expire with the requisites of postulation established for every admission procedures and career.
Requirements for Admission
- High School education abroad
- Transfer to the same Major
- Transfer from universities to a different Major
- Outstanding sportsmen and sportswomen
- Students can apply to only one field of study, except through the Outstanding Sportsperson and High School studies abroad channels where they can choose two fields.
- All the documents coming from a foreign country shall be legalized at the Chilean Consulate of the country of origin, for its subsequent legalization and translation – when relevant – by the Ministry of Foreign Affairs (Agustinas Street No.1320, Santiago).
- Applicants who come from a High School abroad shall necessarily obtain the Chilean Licencia de Educación Media with the Ministry of Education (Fray Camilo Henriquez Street No. 262, Santiago)
- The Official College Transcript must be submitted by the applicant, whatever his/her condition of applicant, and must include the courses approved and failed. If there is no failure this must be stated in writing under "Observations" in the same document. It is also mandatory to present a grade scale (in numbers) of the country of origin.
- All the requirements, for all the channels of admissions, must be complied with.